Dudley, Walsall and Wolverhampton Cafe Neuros suspended further to Corona Virus, Please keep an eye on our web site for when they are able to recommence.
Sandwell Café Neuro suspended for now
Sandwell Cafe Neuro has been suspended for the time being, further to the need to find a more suitable venue and insufficient volunteer support. If interested.please contact BCNA via our email address email@example.com
Dudley CCG reviewing MS Pathway.
Our Committee member, Tim is involved with Dudley Clinical Commissioning Groups review of the pathway for people who have Multiple Sclerosis, which he is finding really interesting and is very hopeful that it will improve services for people of the Dudley area
Thanks to former Committee member Jackie, we’re bringing several supporting charities together. We’ve done this in the past, and all the workers found it very useful to meet other people doing the same work as them for different conditions.
The shortage of Neurological Consultants continues. BCNA remains very concerned about this and have been campaigning on for the last two years. In November 2017 the BBC broadcast a programme on Radio 5, which is still available on “Five Live Investigates” with Adrian Goldberg. In it he refers to a report from the National Neurological Alliance, in March 2017, which is still relevant and can be found here.
A new Neurology data and analysis report is available from Public Health England. It explains how commissioners and health professionals can use data and analysis for decisions about neurology services and interventions. Click here to find out more information.
Our spokesperson Bryan Gould has Muscular Dystrophy, so walking is very difficult for him. However, he successfully completed his personal challenge to walk a mile a day for a year, and complete 500 miles, finishing at the Muscular Dystrophy conference in October 2017. His plan was to walk at least one mile every single day, wherever he happened to be and that included a visit to the House of Commons!
When he started he aimed to raise £5,000 “in support of thousands whose muscles cannot move”. So far he has raised a massive £11,962! And his “Just Giving” page is still open; you can find it here, if you’d like to sponsor him.
Bryan Gould on BBC TV, 27th September 2017
Please click here for a copy of our 2019 Annual Report. You will be able to save it to your own computer.
As someone either directly or indirectly affected by a neurological / neuromuscular condition who better to work with the Black Country Neurological Alliance
To ensure that the feedback & solicited views of people directly or indirectly affected by a neurological / neuromuscular condition within the Black Country are appropriately represented by the BCNA in its dealings and engagement with health and social care networks, clinical commissioning groups (CCGs), healthcare collaborations, working groups, forums and charities.
• Be committed to the purpose and values of the BCNA
• As felt comfortable attend healthcare meetings and events as an opportunity to feedback to the BCNA on local support services
• Encourage neurological / neuromuscular charities and associated support groups to work with the BCNA to improve health and social care services here in the Black Country Specific Tasks:
• If possible attend your local area BCNA road show / neurological forum
• Provide timely feedback to the BCNA committee for healthcare meetings and events attended
• If possible attend our AGM
• Provide timely out of pocket expense submissions for any agreed BCNA activities
• Willingness to contribute as part of a team
• Able to deal with confidential information sensitively and appropriately
• Ability to recognise and respect a diversity of views, attitudes and lifestyles
• Able to contribute to BCNA initiatives / discussions
• Computer skills and access to e-mail desirable but not essential
• Personal agreement on time you wish to commit to the role
• Joint agreement with BCNA on the support you feel comfortable to offer Training and support (provided by BCNA):
• Induction pack and induction session
• Out of pocket expenses
• Ongoing support from BCNA Neuro Champion lead and fellow BCNA committee member(s)
To apply or for more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .